Now more than ever, IT departments seem to have an endless number of projects and ideas coming at them from every direction. This trend shows no signs of slowing down as businesses are constantly trying to find ways to save money, increase productivity, enhance customer service and generally do more with less.
This creates unique challenges for IT leaders as more often than not these ideas or projects have a technology component and usually end up on their plates. We view these challenges as an excellent opportunity for IT to increase alignment with the business, build credibility and show thought leadership inside their organizations.
We can help you start with the end in mind and build a technology roadmap that is connected to business strategy and maximize your IT investments. Our goal is to aid IT departments with becoming more proactive and increase their agility.
Typical deliverables from our IT Strategy engagements:
- Complete inventory of projects with their current status (active and requested)
- Prioritized list of projects that are aligned to business objectives and strategy
- Business case for identified projects (why are we doing this and what are the expected outcomes)
- 1 to 3 year technology plan and roadmap (application, platforms, and business systems)
- Tactical plans with milestones to achieve short and long term strategies with deliverables and metrics
- Order of magnitude cost and duration estimates to facilitate budget planning
- Communication plans and tools for staff members, executives and senior management teams
- Custom assessments and business case studies for emerging technologies (e.g. Cloud vs. On-premise)